Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 2: Bankroll Management

The lesson learned from Week 2 is the importance of Bankroll Management. I have entered 27 2-Player Contest this year. I have scored under 30 points in 5 of those contests. Of course three of those came on the day I decided to enter contests with higher entry fees.

It is for that very reason that you can't put all your eggs in one basket. Luckily, I only had $22 invested on this day of struggling. Even the most accurate of models will struggle from time to time. Although this was a hit to my bankroll, it was not devastating. The terrible day on Saturday set me back, but here are some of my stats through two weeks of the season:

Week 1 Average Team Score: 54.3
Week 2 Average Team Score: 35.9
Overall Average Team Score: 43.4

Overall Opponent's Average Team Score: 37.9

Outscoring my opponent by 5.5 points per contest should yield profitable results in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment