Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Introducing Kyle Huberman

The final (for now) member of our team is Kyle Huberman. I'm really excited to learn more about his approach to fantasy baseball, since he's got more formal and technical training in some of the skills that the rest of us are trying to learn through experience. Here's what he had to say about himself...

Hey Draftees,

Let me begin by introducing myself as Kyle Huberman or IceHube, as you'll find me at DraftBug. I'm 22, and recently graduated from the school of Business at the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship and small business. Unlike Josh and Tom, I have much less Fantasy Baseball experience, most of my fantasy knowledge comes from the Hockey and Football pools.

The skills I bring to Draft Bug Millionaire are more academic than based in baseball knowledge. I couldn't name you 3 guys off the Royals, Marlins, or a dozen other teams for that matter. But what I do know are the intricacies of different prediction methods and how to use statistical models to help predict future outcomes. My tools are primarily regression analyses, prediction markets, and using Risk Solver Premium in the matlab environment for optimization questions. Because of this you'll find that my teams are often quirky and often lack the traditional larger names associated with fantasy baseball. I have no idea if this process is going to work right of the bat, although I was fairly successful using the same methods over 10 days of basketball.

I want to thank Alex for giving me this opportunity and look forward to playing against all of you over the baseball season. I'm online virtually all day, every day, so follow me on Twitter (@kylehuberman) and ask me any questions you like. In the next few days I hope to finally get my site up where I'll be publishing my daily picks (after the games have started, sorry!), as well as my results with commentary as to what went right, wrong and what to look for in the the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment