Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Week of the Season

The first week of the season will be a time for us to adapt our models, including the fixing of silly errors or omissions. For that reason my strategy will be to enter a very small quantity of contests in the first week or so. On opening day I entered only one $1 salary cap contest, and did not finish in the money. I'd like to thank C.C. Sabathia for a lovely opening day start, earning a whopping -9 Draftbug Points. If I had chosen one of my other Starting Pitchers I was considering (Peavy or Johan) then I would have won the contest, oh well.

Hopefully I can avoid another -9 points from my starting pitcher in day two. Pitchers that look good for Tuesday's matchups are Josh Beckett vs. TB and Dan Haren vs. Col. Some sleepers that you can get for a bargain that I think will have solid starts: Kyle Lohse vs. Pitt, Josh Johnson vs. Fla, and David Purcey vs Det(did I really just say that). I think Purcey can outpitch Edwin Jackson, and has a good chance at a Win, and you can draft him for 10 points.

1 comment:

  1. Eric Bedard for 10 pts is another big bargain in my book.

    Sabathia started out bad last year too (first four starts were horrible)

    ReplyDelete