Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friday 4/10 Results - Shawn Hill and Rate of Return

After my day off on Thursday, I played in five contests on Friday - 2 10 player $1 contests, 2 heads up $3.30 contests, and a 4 player winner take all $3.30. Rainouts and rain delays played a huge role in all contests, and overall helped me, as I had steered clear of the games I thought most likely to be rained out, and seemed to be one of the people with no Cincinnati players. While I had Lowe on many teams, his getting pulled after a long rain delay in the fourth inning didn't hurt much, because many of my opponents had him as well. I came in 2nd in one of the 10 player contests (thank you Shawn Hill), and won one of the heads up contests and the 4 player contest. Total investment $11.90, amount won $20.70. Cumulative total so far this season is now $36.40 invested, and $55.50 gross winnings ($19.10 net profit), for a return on investment of 52%. That's definitely an unsustainable rate of return, but still a very encouraging start. To things I've noticed are that most people are not watching the weather report closely enough, and most people clearly haven't read or have chosen to ignore the articles I've written on strategy for multi-player contests. That's part of the reason why I'm very comfortable talking about many of my strategies...I know that even those who do read what I have to say will often ignore it, so I won't have much impact on how tough my competition is.

I probably won't get to play in any contests today, and may not on Sunday either. Have I mentioned how incredibly relaxing and fun I'm finding it playing in a game where I can set my daily lineups to exploit favorable matchups, but can just skip days whenever it's convenient for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment