Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4/14: Results...Back in the Red

I couldn't help myself. I thought I'd start my hiatus from playing yesterday (since I'll be away most of today and tomorrow), but couldn't resist the juicy matchup that the Texas hitters offered. They managed to knock Simon out of the game after an inning and a third, so my opinion was more or less justified. My pitchers were (yet again) less successful. I used Vazquez on every team, and he allowed three runs and lost despite striking out a dozen batters. None of the various closers I used got a save. I'm going to chalk it up to variance (mostly), but I already knew that my calculations for pitchers aren't as sophisticated as what I'm doing for hitters, so I'll probably work on improving what I've got for the pitchers first. I won a pair of heads up $5.50 contests, and was 2nd in a $3.30 6 person contest. I also finished out of the money in another 6 person contest and a 10 person contest. Entry fees: $18.60. Prizes: $26.30. Cumulative entry fees: $80.00. Cumulative prizes: $83.55. Return on Investment: 4.4%.

No comments:

Post a Comment