Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Edwin Jackson?

I had a pretty busy day yesterday, so I only got to enter one contest. It was a $5.50 heads up contest against an unknown opponent. I managed to win, despite my Dan Haren getting outscored by his Edwin Jackson. Unless you're going to play in an extremely high number of contests, you're never going to have a large enough sample size of contests against each of your opponents to be able to tell how good they are based on your results against them. So if you're planning to practice 'table selection', you should simply make a note of any clear mistakes they make. One mistake could just be a mistake (like my playing Napoli for the first two days of the season), so you need to really look for a pattern of mistakes to know that a player isn't strong. My opponent's use of Jackson suggests to me that he likely doesn't rely on the same pitching metrics as I do, but it will take more than that for me to know for sure how he stacks up as a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment