Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day

We'll try to figure out an easy to digest format for posting results in the future. For now, we'll each provide them however we see fit. I entered a total of five contests of various types yesterday. A $3.30 heads up salary cap that included all games. A $1 ten person salary cap contests that included all games. A $1 heads up contest that included night games only. And a pair of $2.20 heads up live draft contests that included night games only. My one big mistake was using Mike Napoli in several contests, despite knowing there was a risk that he wouldn't play. I probably should have factored that risk more heavily into my decision making. I won the $3.30 (which was against a solid player I'm familiar with from Rotohog). I tied in one of the $2.20s. I lost the other three contests (4th in the 10 person). Total investment $9.70. Total prizes $8. Return on investment -17.53%. Luckily the baseball season is a long grind, that tends to smooth out the variance and luck along the way. It's time to start working on a few of the many improvements I've been planning to my statistical model.

No comments:

Post a Comment