Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Four Days In

Four days since joining Draftbug, I can't say that I've found much success so far. In particular, I haven't been able to select an effective starting pitcher to save my life. Even as I type, the pitcher I selected in most of my leagues this evening (Jake Peavy) just gave up a grand slam to Edgar Renteria. Ouch! During my first four days, I don't know if I've selected a pitcher who has earned a victory. That doesn't help!

As Alex pointed out in an earlier post, he made over $50 yesterday - thanks partly to me. I thought I was looking pretty good when I went to bed with Arizona leading Colorado by 4 runs in the 7th inning and Alex's only hope of victory riding on the right arm of Chad Qualls. Unfortunately (for me), Colorado scored a single run in the 8th inning, giving Qualls the opportunity to earn a save for the Diamondbacks. The points Alex earned from Qualls were just enough to squeak past me in that tournament.

Oh, well. I'll get you next time, Alex!

Thru four days, my bankroll has suffered a hit of exactly $40. Surprisingly, I'm not discouraged. Once I start hitting some points from a starting pitcher, I'm confident that I'll start winning consistently.

If nothing else, this website has allowed me to become reaquainted with Microsoft Access, which I hadn't used in awhile. I'm tracking all my tournament results with this software. What is everyone else using?

3 comments:

  1. I'm using Excel since that's what I'm most familiar with. Are there any major benefits of tracking with Access?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Excel for a day or two before I realized that Access was going to work better. Access lets me run queries that break down ROI's by entry fee level or track my performance against particular players. However, if you've never used Access before, there's a definite learning curve. It's nice, though, once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete