Saturday, April 25, 2009

Not a Millionaire Quite Yet

I'm not a millionaire quite yet. I have been doing pretty well though. At least until I went 0 for 3 ($27.50 total entry fees) yesterday. Steve's next post is going to include a summary of how all of us have been doing, but my ROI is still very high. One thing I've been doing is playing more heavily on the days where I like the picks available to me. Usually that means one or more teams have extremely favorable matchups for their hitters, allowing me to construct a nice lineup within the salary cap. Other days (like today) I'm playing in fewer contests and cheaper contests. $33 contests were added to Draftbug's contest 'menu' a few days ago, but so far I haven't had the guys (or the bankroll) to play in any. The highest buy-in I'm playing frequently are the three person $16.50 contests. The challenge with those is knowing whether to treat them strategically as if they were a heads up contest, or a larger multiplayer contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment