Sunday, April 19, 2009

Introducing Steve Schroeder

We're happy to introduce a new member of the Draftbug Millionaire team. Steve Schroeder entered his first real money contests at Draftbug yesterday, and proceeded to crush me in a $7.70 contest that we both ended up in. Here's what he had to say about himself:

Hello world!

My name is Steve Schroeder and I’ll be playing as stv1313 on Draftbug. If you see me online, feel free to say ‘hi!’ Born and raised in Milwaukee, I have been actively playing fantasy sports since 1993. In that year, I played my 1st fantasy football league and took Barry Sanders in the 1st round. It was a TD only league, and Mr. Sanders only scored 3 TD’s that season. I’ve never liked Barry since.

Since then, I’ve played almost every fantasy sport imaginable. Even as I type this entry, I’m an active participant in fantasy baseball, golf, and NASCAR leagues. Apparently, my life is just a fantasy! I also enjoy online poker and I’ll make a wager on almost anything imaginable during my day-to-day life.

Approximately 18 months ago, I discovered the exciting world of online fantasy sports. Playing at another online site, I found great success playing football, basketball, and baseball. In 18 months, I accumulated a bankroll of over $3,500, despite the fact that I never deposited a penny at that site. I’ve used those winnings to purchase a freestanding Ms. Pac Man machine for my wife and the remaining loot has been set aside for a trip to Vegas to play in the World Series of Poker in June. It’ll feel good to play on a “freeroll” while in Sin City!

Unfortunately, my previous fantasy site isn’t offering baseball this season, so that’s brought me to Draftbug. I look forward to seeing if my previous success carries over to this new site. Can I turn another nonexistent bankroll into over $3,500 again? Only time will tell!
I’m looking forward to sharing ideas and feedback with y'all. I’ve already read all of the posts on this site and I can’t wait to contribute. Let’s have some fun, win some money, and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment