Saturday, April 11, 2009

The 1st Five Days = Rough

I’m not sure yet how I want to present these updates, so bare with me over the next few weeks while I figure this whole thing out.

To summarize the 1st five days as nothing but fantastic would be a complete lie. They were rough, and probably to be expected. My system was working wonders in basketball, but thats because I had a whole season behind me to use as a model for future games, as opposed to in baseball where I’m relying on previous years stats, which do not necessarily predict the next season as well.

Below is a summary of my teams over the last 5 days. The second column after the players name is their cost and the third is the points they received that night. The “Freeroll Percentile” is what my percentile finish in the daily freeroll would be with my team. For example if I placed 14th out of 30 players, I’m in the 53 percentile, implying that if played 100 2 player games I would win 53 of them. The reason I’m doing this is to see how I fare against everyone. I could easily win a single game for $50 with a total score of 20, if my opponents score was 19, but that’s just luck, not skill. I’m striving for about 75% on a consistent basis, allowing me to play 4 games a day and projected to win 3. Finally the +/- money line, just shows how much I’ve bet, won/lost, and the difference between them.

Note: I can't pick the same team in every contest, due to cap limit differences. The teams below are my “primary” teams- the team I use for the draft were I wager the most amount of money, which usually has the strictest cap. My other teams only ever differ by one or two players.




Yah, not so amazing.

Monday 6th:
Pretty decent, not much to comment on. Can’t be happen with Morneau at -1 and Lee at 0, but it will happen.

Tuesday 7th:
LaRussa decided to blend his batting order as he’ll do often this season, and Ludwick got left out. Your not going to win any games with five players with 0 points. I was very happy with Bedard’s 14 point performance for a 10 unit cap hit.

Wednesday 8th:
Another bad day. Kazmir had 79% of all my points.

Thursday 9th:
Simply embarrassing. I nailed Scutaro and Beniji Molina, and then proceeded to crap the bed with Polanco, Guerrero, Wells, Crede, Matsuzaka, and Bobby Jenks.

Friday 10th:
The main troubling spot was that in the first four days I picked five people who were not in the opening line up. So on Friday I made a point of not only checking every 5 minutes for lineup updates, but I also refused to take any CIN or PIT players as I was worried about the possibility of a rain out, which did occur.

I got beat in three games including the Freeroll on Friday due to the extended rainout in Atlanta and Lowe not retuning to the game to collect his win where he had 6 SO in 3 Innings and was leading 3-1. Also some of my sneaky competition had selected R.A. Dickey as their RP even though he was starting and was able to pick up real cheap innings and a win.

By the way props to Kaiseroll13 who destroyed me every day this week. It really didn't take much, but good for him for beating me up.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. You're well ahead of the learning curve, there will be good weeks to go with the bad ones.

    You won't be able to get every lineup perfect but make sure you get the pitcher right. I guess some thought Lowe was worth the risk but I went with someone else.

    Your SP will probably account for 33-50% of your points on most winning nights.

    ReplyDelete