Thursday, May 7, 2009

1st Invitational Blogger Contest

So on Wednesday I had the opportunity to play in the 1st Invitational Blogger contest as the representative of Draftbug Millionaire. My competition included:


I came in 3rd with 53 points, a successful night considering that all the participants are considered to be experts at this game and I still cant remember which Chicago team is in which league. My team that night was:

OF Garret Anderson ATL
OF Nate McLouth PIT
OF Jody Gerut SDP
1B James Loney LOS
2B Orlando Hudson LOS
3B Chipper Jones ATL
SS Omar Infante ATL
C Bengie Molina SFG
SP Jake Peavy SDP
RP Jonathan Broxton LOS

I obviously really liked Atlanta and Los Angles considering that their opposing pitchers had a combined era of 10.67. But the real decision that night (as is every night) was which pitcher to take; Peavy, Halladay, Santana, Lowe and Burnett were all available and some players even took Randy Johnson. My formula told me that Peavy and Santana was a coin flip, and unfortunately I picked the wrong guy. But honestly how do you pick Lowe, Burnett, or Johnson, when clearly there are better pitchers available? I don’t care that they were less expensive. The guaranteed strike out points alone will make up for the cost.

I started this season of embarrassingly and now I’m slowly working my way back to even dollars on the seasons as my formula begins to benefit from seeing an increased number of At Bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment