Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Introducing Josh Culp

I mentioned earlier that we've already got one fantasy fanatic on board the Draftbug Millionaire team. Josh Culp is exactly the kind of person I pictured when I started this project way back...this morning. He loves fantasy baseball, finds money motivating, and his idea of a good time is playing around with an Excel spreadsheet. I asked him to write up a paragraph or two to begin introducing himself to readers of Draftbug Millionaire, and here's what he had to say:

Making money while doing something you love... such a cliche. Thanks to Alex here at Draftbug Millionaire, that has now been added to my agenda of things to do. My name is Josh, but I mainly go by "Posey" (thanks to my uncanny similarity of basketball playing style to James Posey of the New Orleans Hornets). In my spare time I run a Fantasy Sports site, Future of Fantasy. First of all I'd like to thank Alex for putting me on the "team". While Fantasy Sports have been around for quite some time, I don't think it's even close to reaching it's peak. I think that sites like Draftbug are the future of Fantasy Sports, and the potential is endless.

Earning $25,000 in one year playing Fantasy Sports is not an easy task, and will take a lot of knowledge and teamwork. So what do I bring to the table? Well, I have been addicted to Fantasy Sports since the day I joined a baseball league in 2003. My addiction has yielded great results, as I have won four of the last five baseball seasons for my competitive money league. I am hoping that the skills I have acquired over the years will make me a valuable asset to the Draftbug Millionaire team.

If I had a beer for every countless night I've spent awake twiddling with spreadsheets for fantasy, well, I'd at least have a fridge full of beer. Using Excel spreadsheets, and even more advanced Statistical programs is becoming the norm. My familiarity with spreadsheets and machine learning programs grew dramatically while taking Statistics courses and a plethora of Business courses at Iowa State University. I feel that combining the "systems" and thoughts of a group of experts (which we are establishing) will eliminate any bias, and result in mucho dinero.

Like I said, websites like Draftbug are the future of Fantasy Sports, and I'm glad to be a part of it in the early stages. Allowing people to wager on their Fantasy Sports skills is the next generation, and that generation has arrived. With the proper compilation of experts and money management techniques Draftbug Millionaire is set up for a lot of success. Jai Ho! (Victory to thee)

No comments:

Post a Comment